11.22.2008

House Hunting (Lennar - Harvard)

As some may know we are so thankful to start the house hunting process! Yeah! Although we have looked at both resale and new homes we are sticking to the new ones. I apologize in advance for the video quality. I am using my regular camera and I was afraid to run out of space on my card so I tended to go by quickly through the homes and it is a bit dizzying. We need your help: give your advice and tips as we look at these homes! PLEASE!
The stats will proceed each video so here goes!

Builder: Lennar (national company) http://www.lennar.com/New-Homes/California/Fresno/Heritage-Park
Home Name: Harvard
Square Feet: 1872
Price per square feet: $117
Bedrooms: 4
Bathrooms: 2
Kitchen: granite, includes all appliances, tile on floor
Up front costs: $3500



Kimmie's thoughts:
positive: move into a new house in the matter of a month and still have money in savings
negative: small backyard, there is nothing that we have chosen in the house.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

This one is nice, seems to have the space you want and affordable. You can move in right away....NOT BAD!

Adam Sarah Parker said...

I think if it was decorated this one would be your favorite, I think I might choose this one. it has all you wanted and you can move in sooner and you won't get stuck paying for things you really don't want to pay for.The bathroom seemed nicer with the tile shower.

Danielle said...

As I have been thinking more about the houses...I think this one would be best. Like Sarah said you can decorate it how you want it and it seems that with this house, you would have left over money to decorate. It also seems to have a lot of space to expand your family. I'm not even buying a house and its overwhelming to think about! :D

Katie said...

First off -- I'm SO jealous!! It's such a great time to buy a house. We won't be getting out of ours anytime soon, seeing as we are technically a bit "upside down." Good thing I like it, and the neighborhood :)

Sarah makes a great point. The other houses are so beautifully staged; if this house were so nicely decorated you would like it even more. It is obviously the best buy of the three. It has very nice materials, even if you didn't get to pick them out yourself. As I understand, that stuff can add up REALLY quickly when you're customizing.
I think I would go with this one.