2.18.2009

2 dressers in 3 days

On Valentine's Day Caleb made his way to our bedroom and shut the door. Since it was approximately 15 after he had eaten I didn't worry much until..boom. Jared and I ran inside to find our dresser on the floor and Caleb half way under our bed. We think that he had pulled out all the drawers first and was somehow able to get out of the way in time. He was not injured at all, just surprised.
Two days later we go to visit some college friends of ours who just bought a house and are expecting their first baby. Although my friend, Merry, warned me that she was worried about Caleb in the room alone with a certain dresser I didn't take the warning and sure enough this one worse than the last. We ran in and of course there is blood and I am freaking out. He is actually okay just some skin torn away and a bruise on his nose.Also on Valentine's Day as he was running through the model homes he fell on the tile and busted his lips, more blood but is also healing nicely.
We are in a different stage and I obviously need to be more cautious!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

OH MY GOODNESS! He is definitely curious and doing a lot of exploring and experimenting. What would a little boy be without those bumps and bruises? Hopefully he learns his lesson and stops repeating his mistakes (hahah). You definitely have your hands full!

Hale-Yeah! said...

kimmie,
Carlos and heather Whittaker are my and my wife's best friends, but, we live in Fresno! Heather passed along an email that you were looking for some familiar faces at a church here in town. We go to river valley church.
It's a young church with mostly people our age and a couple kids. About 170 adults and 70 kids. We have 2 kids ourselves and 1 coming in march. We meet at Clovis north high school at willow and international at 10am. We'll be there early if you come into the main room and we'll show you around. I'll leave my blog address too so you stalk us out! If you need directions just drop me an email. Hope to see you guys there

Hale-Yeah! said...

Whoops. My blog is http://haleyeah.TypePad.com

Whitney Hannah Hill said...

Oh man - poor little guy. Amazing how resilient they are at this age, eh?