7.19.2008

YUCK!

**(weak stomachs beware)**
Jared came home Wednesday afternoon shortly after Caleb had just thrown up for the first time. I was so surprised I didn't know what to do, he was crying, standing still in yuck and I was cleaning up the couch. Thankfully when Jared got home he cleaned up Caleb. Unfortunately this was only the first of our woes. An hour later it was my turn. Caleb was taken to the ER where he sat throwing up in Daddy's arms waiting for hours to be seen, then finally given a shot. I was at home worried for him but busy occupying our bathroom at the same rate as Caleb. Thanks to Dani & Mike who came over that night and split the boys and girls so we wouldn't have to be alone during such chaos.
This has been our goal since then, to get Caleb to drink something, here are his selections:
From left to Right: OJ/water, water, pedialite, vitamin water w/potassium.
Since then we have gotten really creative and mixed all of these anything to get him to drink.
Here is our $100 investment to save our carpet, couches and stomachs:

Oye, Lord please let this be over soon!

3 comments:

i know a mom said...

Oh man! I'm so sorry you both had it at the same time! For some reason, this morning on our way to church I had the thought, "I'm so glad Elliot hasn't had stomach flu yet. It would be so awful." I don't know what made me think that. Anyway - we've been sick with hand, foot & mouth virus - fever and sores in our mouth. Not fun! I hope you are on the mend. Do you think Tuesday co-op is too soon to get out? Hope to see you! Let me know if you need anything. Take care...

Unknown said...

Aww girl! I know you can't wait for this to be over. :( Yea for Dani and Mike who shall receive "friends of the year!"

Danielle said...

We are glad we could be there to help! It was so precious when the boys came back from the hospital and Caleb was calling out, "Mamma!" Once Jared brought him to the room he cuddled next to you on the bed so relaxed...he definitely needed his mommy. Love you guys!