6.03.2009

Bugs

Yes, I know...I have issues with them. So does Caleb apparently but we are praying that it is just a phase. So tonight after Caleb went to bed I rushed outside to use whatever day light I had left to spray the perimeter of our house for bugs. They just broke ground on the houses next to us so I noticed more "activity" lately. I sprayed the fence line and the perimeter of the house. While I was finishing up at the front of the house I noticed a significant spider web and sure enough a large black spider started booking it up the wall of our house heading towards a window. So I started blasting it as close as I could for as long as I could for a VERY long time. It finally died...I think. The whole time I was thinking, "I should just go get some Windex to kill this thing". So here is my question everyone....this is the spray I used. Should I have expected it to kill "on contact" or does it die later? Either way I need some advice. Let me know what your experience has been.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

D-Force HPX
this is the stuff that you need. When the girls and I first moved into the Hill House, we had a serious cricket problem... so I googled how to kill a cricket. (they are harder to kill than you would think)
This stuff is used in "food handling establishments" and will take a wasp right out of the air. Also has a great "residual effect". I use it on all insects. www.domyownpestcontrol.com

Unknown said...

I checked out the bug spray you're using on line....seems to do what it says. Black widows are tough to kill....thus the name! You did good girl....you "cowgirled-up" and met this "opportunity" head on!
Valerie's advice is great...knowing from personal experience how bug spray can still bring on nausea to very sensitive people. ;] mil

Aaron J. Moore said...

I've found that most bug spray has at least a small delay in actually killing a bug....I guess depending on how it actually kills them. Just like poison for people....not everything would kill us instantly. You probably actually drowned the spider but you gotta do what you gotta do!! I've used that brand spray for ant problems and it is awesome! (Recommended by my dad!)