6.17.2009

Anderson's visit

There are times when I miss my friends so much that my heart aches to see them! This is why we are so thankful we had the opportunity to host the Anderson's this weekend. What a joy! Each one of them is such a blessing to us.
Caleb and Parker hit it off (this is the first time they met). Caleb was giving Parker hugs and they were "communicating" by screaming. Parker would squel/scream and Caleb would bust up laughing and scream back.The McAvoy's also came down to see everyone and celebrate my birthday. Mark made "camp" donuts for us. For some reason instead of a cake I wanted some home made donuts - they were good but they didn't taste the same as my mom's recipe (of course that was a long time ago!).
We went to our local Zoo where Sarah got us both in free! It was only $2 to feed the girafees so she took the opportunity while we looked on. Did you see how long the tongue is? It was interesting how the girafee starting to linger around the feeding spot just mintues before feeding time began. We had such a great time but they still aren't anxious to move to Fresno anytime soon. Oh well, we'll keep trying!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm sure Caleb and Parker had so much fun together! I'm so glad you were able to visit with the Anderson's and the McAvoys. Looks like you guys had such a great time! YAY!

Valerie said...

sweet friends and sweet fellowship, doesn't get much better than that.

Adam Sarah Parker said...

Oh we had so much fun!!!Can't wait for the next visit. Thanks Herberts for the great hosting job, and your new home is AMAZING!!!

Jud and Jess Cameron said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMMIE! Miss you lots!

Kathy J said...

The boys are getting so big! I can just imagine a little Jared and a little Adam sitting on that couch looking just like they do.

Happy Birthday, Kimmie!!!

Mark and Sara McAvoy said...

I'll try to find your mom's recipe next time.