8.26.2008

Move to Fresno

Thanks to so many of our dear friends and family we made it.
Friday morning we were thankful to have Rachael watch Caleb while Christina, Randy, Uncle Bill, Jared and I loaded up the moving truck. It was amazing how fast we went.
While I left to get Mr. Caleb and some lunch they were finishing up squeezing our last items in the truck. Then Jared realized that we still had our garage to empty! Ouch. Thankfully we were able to secure Mike's dad's truck to fit the rest. Caleb LOVED the moving truck:
Saturday came and we thought it would be easy. Finishing packing the rest and say our goodbyes to our next door neighbor. We woke up and got some great breakfast burritos from Nicks (Main St. in Seal Beach). There were six of us: Mike, Dani, the McAvoys, and Jared and I and somehow it still was next to impossible to leave by noon! Of course the flat tire on the truck didn't help either. Five vehicles start down the path to the Valley. Here is a pick of Caleb sleeping on the way here.
It was a long day. Thankfully we had a lot of help here in Fresno to unpack as well. After an early dinner we all started unloading and a couple hours later some of us were a little tired.
Well we still have lots of things to figure out here and once we get things in a spot I will give you a tour of our new place. Until then!
P.S. A BIG THANK YOU to all of you who helped, could not have done it without you!

4 comments:

Jud and Jess Cameron said...

Praise God for getting you guys there safely! I'm looking forward to seeing you all settled in. That picture of Caleb in the moving truck is priceless...=)

Unknown said...

You made it! I am so happy for you! School is goin' well. I just got back from Open House where I met the parents. I am glad tomorrow is Wed cuz tonight feels like Thurs. I would die if it was Monday!

Kathy J said...

What a trek! Glad all went well (minus the flat tire).

Danielle said...

That picture of Mike and Mark is PRICELESS! If it wasn't for Sue bringing the beer, I do not think they would have ever made it! I'm so glad we were able to be a part of this adventure..and adventure it was! I'm even more glad you moved to FRESNO (Caleb can never forget his Mak and Denni)!! LOVE YOU and MISS YOU ALREADY!!!